Google Play Movies and TV
Google has grown from a mere search engine to a platform that excels in various other fields like software development, artificial intelligence synchronization, self-driving cars, smart devices and a lot more. So it is obvious that Google is going to embark its print in the entertainment industry. The Google play movies and TV on Roku have one of the deadliest potentials to reach out to the mass since Roku is one of the most popular streaming services available in the country. There is a lot of content available on this particular channel across various genres. Though the TV shows are available only selected regions like the US, Japan, Canada, and Australia. Read this blog to find out how to stream Google Play movies and TV on Roku.
What are the Shows Available on Google Play Movies and TV on Roku?
There are various movies and TV shows available here like,
- Once upon a time in Hollywood
- Rambo: last blood
- Avengers: Endgame
- Spiderman: homecoming
- The lion king
- Toy story 4
- Bahubali and a lot more.
The TV Shows Available on This Channel are,
- Rick and Morty
- Doctor who
- Family guy
- Dragon ball: super
- Seal team
- Young Sheldon
- Euphoria and a lot more.
The best part about the TV collection on the channel is the available anime content. Many streaming services offer various TV shows but most of them lack anime. So this feature is an added advantage over here.
How to Activate Google Play Movies and TV on Roku?
Follow the steps below to complete the activation process of Google play movies and TV on Roku.
- Power up your TV and select the right input source on your device.
- Once you select the right input on your TV, you will see the Roku logo on your screen.
- Now the device will check for any updates available. Allow the device to update if any available; if not simply proceed with the next step.
- Now go to the search bar.
- You can also use the search icon on your remote to search directly.
- Use the voice command if you want to cut all these intermediary processes.
- Search for, “Google Play TV and movies” using your preferred method to search.
- The device will bring out a list of results.
- Choose the one you are looking for by surfing through the results.
- The result should probably be the first one displayed.
- Click on it to open the description.
- Make sure to read the description before proceeding further so that it is safe if you have any parental controls enabled.
- Now, click on the “add channel” tab to download the channel.
- The download of the channel will begin shortly and will take a few seconds for it to initiate.
- The download speed and time depends upon your internet plan, but the channel itself is lightweight, so don’t worry about it.
- Once the download is over, go to the channels list.
- You can see Google Play TV and movies on your list of channels.
Activating the Google Play Movies and TV on Roku
- Launch the channel from your device, the initial boot-up might take a few seconds.
- Now, you have to sign in to the channel using your Google account.
- If you’ve existing credentials, simply use them to sign in to the account; if not, you can always select the sign-up option and create your new account anytime you want.
- Once you enter into the channel using the credentials, look for the activation code on your screen.
- Note down the activation code on your notepad.
- Make sure to note down the activation code as precisely as possible.
- Open a browser on your smartphone. You can also use a laptop for this purpose.
- Visit play.google.com/roku using the browser.
- If prompted, use the credentials to sign in to the account.
- Now, there will be a space for you to enter the activation code, do so.
- Ensure to feed the code accurately.
- The code will take a few seconds to verify, so sit tight.
- If the code verifies, a popup will indicate successful activation.
- If the codes don’t match, simply regenerate the activation code from your TV.
- Set a payment method to finish the transaction.
- Also, set a Google PIN by following the instructions on your screen.
- You can start watching your movies and shows right away.