Activate Sky News on Roku
News is an important part of our daily life. It opens us up to all the new things that are happening around us; be it political, business, sports, entertainment or weather everything is necessary to keep you informed and up to date. This serves as the first point of contact between a country and its subjects. Every national emergency or update or happenings can easily reach the mass through the news. So for cord-cutters, access to news has been a major concern as they had only a few options. Now, plenty of news channels made its way into popular streaming devices like Roku. One of the most trustworthy and reliable news channel Sky News is a must-have. Read this blog to activate Sky News on Roku.
How do I Get Sky News on Roku?
Follow the steps below to get the Sky News on Roku in a jiffy. Only when you add the Sky News channel, you can proceed to activate Sky News on Roku.
You can get the Sky News on Roku by simply searching it across the Roku channel store.
- Launch your Roku device by choosing the right input on your TV.
- Once you see the Roku logo filling up your screen, wait for the next screen to load up.
- Select your language for the device to interact with you.
- You can also select your time zone, date, region, etc. when prompted.
- After you set all your preferences, proceed to establish an internet connection to your device.
- You can choose to connect the device to the network via an Ethernet cable or through a wireless connection.
- Choose the one that is optimum for you.
- If you are choosing to connect through a wireless network, choose the right network name and enter the appropriate security key for the network.
- Now, as the next step proceeds to update the device if any available.
- After the updates are over, wait for the device to restart to save the changes applied.
- Now proceed to activate the device.
- Once done, go to the home screen of your Roku device.
Adding and How to Activate Sky News on Roku
- Once you are on the home page, you can search for the channel by simply navigating to the search bar.
- Go to the search bar and type in “Sky News”.
- You can also hit the search icon on your remote to skip the intermediary steps.
- Now, a list of results will be produced, choose the most appropriate one.
- Now click on the channel. Proceed to select the “add channel” button.
- Once you click on the “add channel” tab, your channel will begin to download.
- The download will take only a few seconds to complete. After the download is complete, you can see the channel on your list of channels.
- Proceed to launch the channel.
- Sky News on Roku is a free channel, so you don’t need to go through the process of activation.
- Simply add the channel and launch it to stream the breaking news or the exclusive newsroom talk.
Stream Sky News Live on Roku
You can stream the Sky News live on Roku by following the steps.
- Once you launch the app, you can see different sections on the channel.
- If you look carefully, you can find the “Live news” option right next to the Sky News logo.
- This will be at the top bar of your display.
- Once you click on the live news, you can simply stream the live news on your Roku TV.
- This will cover any national wide emergency or sensational news, so you can stay updated.
- Some of the models seem to have slight issues while streaming the live news section. You can avoid this by updating your Roku device until the recent ones.
- This will help you reduce any playback errors during the streaming.